Monday, January 17, 2011

Woodhouse Fish Co In San Francisco.


Went to a new resturant last night in San Francisco, It's called woodhouse fish company they have two locations one on market and one on fillmore i chose to visit the new location on filmore Nice place small but nice also has a bar you can sit and eat. We went around 4:30 close to 5pm and we had to wait about 15mins for a table its first come first serve their was 5 of us.As the time went on the place was packed and people were waiting outside for a table.We ordered thier make it your self lemonade it was kinda fun they give you a glass with ice and lemon juice and on the side a kraff of sparkling water and simple syrup something differnt little to tart for me. Now to the food for starters we ordered  New England clam chowder Excellent flavor nice and thick and you can taste the bacon flavor nice sized clams, Wedge salad comes with maytag blue cheese and fresh beets fresh cherry tomatoes it was excellent also. Prawn cocktail I didn't care for it myself thought the prawns were small and little on the mushy side.We also ordered the garlic bread it had alot of flavor garlic and buttery. For the entrees I ordered the Lobster roll sanwich I was not happy I didn't taste the lobster flavor and I called ahead to ask if it was a warm sandwich and the lady on the phone told me it was thats what I was looking for but it wasn't it was cold I guess she didnt understand my question. The bun was warm of course cause it was toasted. My Husband and our friends ordered the Fish and chips its Alaskan Cod they were Excellent the batter was nice and crispy had kind of a sweet flavor nice size pieces. Our friend ordered a crab salad he didn't like it said it was fishy and he found pieces of shells it was given back. For dessert we ordered the sourdough bread pudding we loved it nice and warm good flavor and housemade whipped cream.The wait staff are very friendly and ready to serve and their always watching your table to see if anything is needed and clean off any dishes. All in all it was a good meal I will defintly return the prices are moderate I would give it 5 stars I do recommend this resturant.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, lobster roll. And that one looks particularly bountiful. I just want to sink my teeth into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Shirley I have to say your descriptions are great.... very detailed.Just from the photos I would try the battered fish and desert oh yeah and the lemonade as well that seems like an interestingly fun concept.As for the other items no I would pass from the pics above it does not look to apetizing.

    ReplyDelete